Friday, March 4, 2011

Steam Weekend Deals

New blog type, If you can't tell I'm a huge PC fanboy. While the initial cost of a PC over a system may be higher you save a ton of money over time because the games are cheaper.

This weeks steam deal is a good one. The Ubisoft collection which contains Assassin's Creed 1, Call of Juarez, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Farcry 2 all for 13 bucks.

Now lets look at the money you save when you buy it on steam as apposed to the consoles. Now Assassin's Creed 1 is selling for $17.99  on the 360. Already not only have you saved money, but you got other games with it for PC. Lets move to call of Juarez, lowest price is $18.89 on 360, so far you've spent about $35 on the console versions. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is $19.99 on 360. Far Cry 2 is another $19.23on the 360. Now to add it all up the price of those games would be $76.10 that is before taxes and shipping costs (all prices where taken from amazon.com).

Steam deals are some of the best things to happen for PC gaming. and what makes it better is that they have deals like this ALL the time. I'll post more deals that steam has when they update it.

20 comments:

  1. Hehe nice blog, I do love the steam deals myself however they can be sooo tempting that one could get into debt quickly with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me some PS3 tips :D

    Followed, awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get into steam, but my i-net connection is shit right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think CS:S is the best online FPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now kinda old....I am playing Age of Empires 2 on GameRanger ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assassin series is legit. Probly the best games I ever played.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got to go buy the assassins creed love those games

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't think I would buy that since the games are kinda old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already got the ubisoft package. <3 Steam.
    Followed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want Marvel Vs Capcom 3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love me some steam deals! Thanks for the heads up even though I have most of these games already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the steam deals they do, makes it nice to pick up those games you never tried before. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah the hell, I'll buy it. It's only 20 bucks and even though the games are pretty old they're still goodys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you play magicka by any chance?

    ReplyDelete