Thursday, March 17, 2011

BioWare is in trouble again

BioWare is making gaming headlines with its wacky antics again. If banning you for talking bad about them wasn't enough, now they are posting fake reviews on dragon age 2. Rumors that companies (even movie and music) have been buying reviewers have been going around for a while now but I felt I could trust customer reviews...

Well it looks like those reviews can't even be trusted anymore. News on the internet is that Bioware employees are signing up for fake accounts and giving Dragon Age 2 perfect scores. i thought this wasn't A big deal maybe someone really like DA2 and its just a coincidence, but the fact that their is MULTIPLE accounts that have NO reviews except for DA2 is a little hard to over look.

One BioWare employee (music composer if I remember right) said that the game was very rushed because they wanted to get a squeal out as fast as they could because they didn't want the popularity of the first dragon age to start dying. I am a little disappoint in BioWare, I expect something like this to happens to Mass Effect 3.

16 comments:

  1. wowww lost a lot of respect for a once awesome company. good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's messed up haha. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know alot about games but i like to learn something baout it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biowares no different from any other company i suppose, just out there to make games that make money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why reviews shouldnt be your only source for whether or not you get a game! I love Biowares games though. Cannot wait until Mass Effect 3 and the upcoming DLC for 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope this hits the frontpage of reddit, so that someone can organize a boycott.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, that's so random. I bet there's a total nutter out there feeling really pleased with themselves because of all the trees they've re-planted and how they're helping the enviroment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not too sure if that's true. If it is, I just lost a lot of respect from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've known of other companies to over hype their own game, mainly in the MMO world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm upset with bioware now >:(, its better to delay a game then disapoint people and getting it out early

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all just rumors right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unfortunately not, they had quite a few devs doing 100% scores on metacritic :S.

    ReplyDelete